Imagine if the water you gave your family made them sick. This is a real fear facing communities where fracking is currently taking place. Even when landowners say no to drilling, contamination from fracking nearby can still expose them to toxic chemicals against their will. Fracking Stories is a compilation of six short documentaries that expose the public health and environmental consequences of hydraulic fracturing, and the ways that communities are coming together to fight back.
- Erie Rising follows mothers protecting their families against a health dilemma perpetrated by unregulated industrialization from the fracking boom in Colorado.
- Dr. Theo Colborn follows a world-renowned scientist as she explains the harmful health impacts of natural gas drilling and the reasons this industry is toxic to our world.
- Fracking Kern County, CA documents the most-fracked county in California and also one of the largest producers of food in the nation.For the people that live here, fracking means more oil extraction, more crippling climate impacts, and more impacts on their community's health.
- Ft. Worth, Texas follows Kyev Tatum of the Harmony Missionary Baptist Church as he discusses how the arrival of the natural gas industry has divided members of his community.
- Backyard with Aaron Milton follows Aaron Milton as he speaks out about the environmental and health impacts he witnessed during his time as an ex-oil and gas worker in Colorado.
- Dryden - The Small Town That Changed the Fracking Game follows the true story of a group of neighbors who discovered strength in unity and turned the tables on the powerful oil and gas industry.
- The Decision illustrates one man's journey when faced with the decision of whether or not to lease his property for the natural gasextraction process known as fracking.
The Film Campaign
Get Involved: It's Easy As...
Request a Screening
Let us know if you are interested in hosting a screening when the film is available
Become a partner
We're befriending great organizations, educators, and groups that can use our project as a resource as part of their good work and that can link our film to the most timely actions.
Get the word out!
Share this page to let others know about this important story.
See the Film
See where the next screening will be by clicking the button to the right.